Careers at AcceleratedSee all career opportunities
Mechanical Designer - Level 3
Are you a cognizant Mechanical Designer looking for the next opportunity? Come work with a group of dedicated professionals and Accelerate your career! Accelerated designs, manufacturers, and builds high value systems for industries such as life sciences, energy, aerospace, and medical just to name a few.
We are recruiting for Level 3 Mechanical Designers with 7 to 10 years of experience designing and supporting electromechanical systems throughout the lifecycle. If you have a knack for figuring things out and have a passion for engineering and manufacturing, then this may be your next career. You will use state of the art engineering tools, be part of a high-performance team, and develop next generation technology.
Compensation ranges from $25/hr to $40/hr depending on skill set and experience. Competitive benefits include 2 weeks paid time off, 8 paid holidays, matching 401K, and contributions toward employee health insurance.
The candidates must have the following basic skills:
- Mechanical Design, 3D Modeling, Detailing, and Drafting with consideration of performance/function, manufacturing processes, cost, ease of use/ergonomics, safety, aesthetics, maintainability, etc.
- Produce detail drawings conforming to ASME Y14.5 standards for GD&T
- 2D drafting of assembly drawings with assembly procedures, alignment/inspection requirements, functional requirements, tolerance stackup, etc
- Adherence to schedules, company procedures, and customer expectations
- BOM's, Revisions/ECN's, Documentation
- GD&T, Tolerance Stack up analysis
- DFM, DFA
- Draft Manufacturing and Assembly Plans including inspection, order of operations, etc
- Collaboration with machine shop and assembly during machine builds and checkout
- As Built Drawing Revisions
- Effective communicator verbal and written
- Background and experience in machine design
- 5 years minimum SolidWorks experience preferred, Autodesk Inventor experience is applicable
- Experience with PLM or PDM system preferred. Experience with Revision control is required.
- Understanding and experience with machined parts, weldments and fabrications, and castings
- Understanding of servo systems, power transmission systems, hydraulic systems
- Experience with ASME Y14.5 GD&T
- Experience designing systems with more than 500 components
Accelerated is a tremendous Engineering and Design/Build company that is highly regarded by our clients as a provider of high value solutions. We provide a great work environment that is both challenging and rewarding. Earning a position at Accelerated is very competitive.
To apply for open positions at Accelerated please send a resume & cover letter, references, and transcript of certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please fill out the form below and attach your resume for consideration. We are most interested in learning your background of successes and understand your drive to succeed.
Your submission has been sent.